Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Project proposal submitted

I submitted the proposal last week . The title was "Genre classification of books using Non-negative Matrix Factorization".

I will be getting all the text data(ebooks) from gutenberg project ( http://www.gutenberg.org/). I plan to use 100 ebooks and classify them.Romance, horror, fantasy, politics are the main genre of books i am looking for, i wanted to have thriller in my list but the keyword occurrences in horror and thriller are very much similar which wouldn`t have given clear results in the end . Feeding the data and manipulating (converting it into Vector space models) it so that it can be used for affect recognition will be an issue. I plan to take Mac Kims help on this, as he has already done research in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment